In 1999 TechnoAlpin launched its ALPINAL® water supply system for snowmaking installations. All ALPINAL® pipes and fittings have been developed specially to satisfy the specific requirements of snowmaking systems.
To cope with the growing demand for ductile cast iron pipes and fittings for snowmaking water supply systems worldwide,TechnoAlpin has appointed Stefan Sterr as Sales Manager Cast Iron Pipe Systems with special responsibility for the ALPINAL® system.
In this function, Stefan Sterr supports the company’s worldwide sales team with his long years of experience in this field. He has special responsibility for advisory services in the field of ALPINAL® water supply systems, which offer a whole series of advantages on the mountain:
- Restrained socket joint (no concrete thrust block needed) up to DN400/85 bar (PFA), DN500/50 bar (PFA)
- Up to 5° deflection per socket (fewer fittings needed)
- Easy-to-lay system with socket joints
- Outstanding flexibility thanks to a wide range of different pipes and fittings from DN80 to DN500
- High load-bearing capacity thanks to the plasticity of the ductile cast iron
- Lining: drinking-water quality grout lining pursuant to EN 545
- External protection: zinc sprayed with 200 g/m² plus extremely robust 100 µm final coating pursuant to EN 545
The components of the ALPINAL® system are manufactured for TechnoAlpin at the Saint Gobain works in Saarbrücken (Germany). TechnoAlpin also has one of the biggest inventories of fittings in the world – for maximum flexibility when installing ALPINAL®.