This year’s main conference topics were “The symbiosis of winter sports and tourism” and “Understanding the dynamism of the tourism market as the key to success in the skiing industry”.
The conference attracted about 150 attendees and 21 companies, who provided information on their latest products and innovations at their respective stands.
The guests of honor at the event included Senators Stanisław Hodorowicz and Franciszek Bachleda-Księdzularz and Members of Parliament Ireneusz Ras, Piotr van der Coghen and Andrzej Gut-Mostowy.
Words of welcome were spoken at the beginning of the first session by Stanisław Łukaszczyk as Mayor of Bukowina Tatrzańska, Andrzej Gasienica Makowski as Governor of the Tatra Region and Tomasz Paturej as President of the Polish Association of Ski and Tourist Resorts (PSNiT).
That was followed by the opening forum and a report given by PSNiT on the past ski season and activities for overcoming the challenges within the ski industry in Poland.
In the afternoon a number of new products for the Polish market were presented by Doppelmayr, Supersnow and others.
The three-day conference program included the following interesting presentations:
- The strategic importance of ski areas and tourism for the national economy. Professor Jadwiga Berbeka, Cracow University of Economics
- Tourism revenue statistics. Maciej Rosinski, Department of Tourism at the Ministry of Sport and Tourism
- Analysis of the 2013/2014 winter season in Austria on the basis of reports from the Tyrol, Vorarlberg and Upper Austria. Dietrich Kops, International Ropeway Review (ISR)
- Benchmarking - Successful developments and proven business models: Learning from the industry’s failures and successes. Szymon Sikora, CEO, Publicon Sp. z o.o.
- Optimum ski area size and location. Pascal Roux, President of MDP Consulting, France
- The Russian ski industry from the point of view of Ski Build Expo. Anastasiya Parafilo and Anton Mizonov, organizers of Ski Build Expo, Russia.
- New Top - a new marketing tool for outdoor development projects using satellite technology developed in collaboration with the European Space Agency. Luděk Kuhr, John Orava, BIC-R & D, sro, Czech Republic.
- Rules for skiing accidents, financial claims and insurance. Piotr Kaźmirski, insurance broker, Managing Director of the law office Alpha Strategy Ltd
The second day closed with a gala dinner with plenty of interesting conversation and a good time for one and all followed by a lively party sponsored by Supersnow.